Saturday, 2 February 2013

Off to School for Maddie

Miss Cuteness and her brand new baby brother

My youngest granddaughter, the lovely Maddie, starts school on Monday and she (and her Mummy) just can't wait.  Here in Australia each school has its own uniform and Maddie's is no exception.  She can choose to wear a little check dress or a polo shirt with the school logo worn over a skirt, shorts, skorts or trousers.  Bearing in mind the weather, a wide brimmed hat is a vital accessory.  I have already made her 3 pairs of skorts in the school colour which is a bottle green.  I used a pattern from McCalls M4762.  She's a really active child and likes easy wear clothes so I have made several pairs from this pattern already.  I have also made both versions of the top but if I make either again I will adjust the pattern to make them longer.

On the list of requirements was a book bag so I picked out a piece of burgundy fabric from my stash to run up this bag.  I used an applique from Designs by JuJu http://www.designsbyjuju.com/default.aspx for the front and her name is on the back.  I've already used several appliques from this company and would love to use plenty more.  This little sock monkey is just adorable.  I bought Maddie a couple of t-shirts and jazzed them up with an applique using fabric to match little items I had made previously.


No comments:

Post a Comment