Baby George is nearly 4 months old (where had that time gone) and is about ready to move from his moses basket to a big boy's cot. With winter approaching I thought I would have a go at making him a quilt. I've little or no experience in quilt making which is unfortunate given that many Australian ladies are so very talented. I used a design I found in a favourite journal Innovative Machine Embroidery Textile Art Volume 17 No 11. For the applique squares I used 6 animal designs from Designs by JuJu. I didn't put a enough thought into my fabric/applique selection as I chose a plain blue homespun and a very pretty circus print both from Spotlight. If I had my wits about me I would have chosen some circus themed appliques but unfortunately I didn't think of this until I had finished my quilt. Typical! All went fairly well, apart that is, from my darling hubby deciding to switch the embroidery machine off mid design prior to going to bed. As it's not calibrated too well I was unable to go back to where it left off so an hour's work was wasted. The air was blue for a while I can tell you. I'm not too good at the quilting business and I think I will have to go and have some lessons with Faye at Ocean Keys Sewing Centre. She is such a mine of information and with amazing skills I know she can put me right. Anyway, I quilted it in the ditch and sewed the binding on by hand and here it is.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment